Systems Engineering Manager
Astrodyne TDI is looking for hands-on individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and working with a multidisciplinary team on the development of innovative power conversion products with emphasis in medical and industrial markets. Our Engineering Manager fulfills a leadership role within the Engineering Organization, providing technical insight in the development of innovative products while leading the team that brings products to realization. The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for recruiting, development and retention of talent within his/her organization. Coordinates all day-to-day activities within his team. His/her focus is to work in conjunction with Marketing, VP of Engineering, and CTO on the allocation of resources that will warrantee successful realization of new products in alignment with product roadmaps and ATDI’s strategic plan.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team focused on system design of test equipment for power conversion products.
- Manage/develop automated test platforms for power conversion products –These products may be AC/DC Rectifiers, DC/DC Converters, DC/AC Inverters, system controllers, etc. - this involves working closely with HW design Engineers, Program Management, etc.. to ensure the electrical product or equipment is tested in accordance to Astrodyne TDI’s quality standards
- Collaborate with vendors and members of the team to implement the required physical and logical system interfaces
- Perform hands-on implementation and troubleshooting of complex hardware and software integrations to test power conversion products.
- Leverage common embedded and industrial communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, 1553, UART, SPI, I2C, EtherCAT
- Participate in the development of junior member of the team by mentor them in the technology, best practices for DFM and work ethics.
- Help in the identification and retention of talent,
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline required
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
Knowledge of C#, VB.net programming languages.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
5 year minimum
Astrodyne TDI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Our culture is one that provides opportunities for employee involvement, growth, and development. Astrodyne TDI offers competitive salary, paid time off, robust healthcare benefits, and 401(k).
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look